Pages

Contact

169 E Jefferson St* Franklin, In 46131
(317)-474-4889* The Art Of Kira Website * Facebook Page*Pinterest Page

Calendar

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Tuesday Ramblings....

Well, I am at home right now watching Little Bear with Emma and Morgan while doing some computer work. I will say that the last week has been a little stressful in regards to the store. Sometimes I get overwhelmed with all that needs to be done, but as I was doing my computer work, I found this great article online about an Independent Bookstore opening in NYC in September. It was a great article about these 2 ladies who are getting everything ready for the big day. http://smallbusiness.aol.com/startup/article/meet-jessica-bagnulo/590467?icid=main%7Cmain%7Cdl3%7Clink3%7Chttp%3A%2F%2Fsmallbusiness.aol.com%2Fstartup%2Farticle%2Fmeet-jessica-bagnulo%2F590467

As I read the article I was thinking of how much I love the store. I love meeting new people, talking to old friends, and witnessing to the community. I love finding books that glorify the Lord and let everyone know His name. I love picking out new items for the store, rearranging products, and reading new books (I don't get too many read, but I love what I do get read!) I love the book club meetings, the open houses, the art classes, and the Fourth Fridays. I love brainstorming for new ideas, writing my blog, and creating my email newsletters. I really love my job so much. The only thing I dislike about the store (and I really dislike it alot) is the money part. That is the one stressful thing about my job. Sometimes it is overwhelming and I feel out of control. But I have to continue to remember the verse that I put on this weeks email.

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
Jer 29:11

Anyway...you should read the article about the Greenlight Bookstore in NYC. An remember to please continue to shop locally. Click Here for more info on why shopping locally is so important for your community...
http://www.the350project.net/home.html

No comments:

Search This Blog