Pages

Contact

169 E Jefferson St* Franklin, In 46131
(317)-474-4889* The Art Of Kira Website * Facebook Page*Pinterest Page

Calendar

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Missing my art...

For those of you who have been with me since the beginning of my store, you may remember that the way I started the store was because after graduated from art school, I did my own line of artwork, specifically my own line of greeting cards. I had my own little world of wonderful characters that I loved. They felt like my own little family extension with their own personalities. They were wonderful.

I started expanding to other designs and ended up with hundreds of designs for my cards. I loved doing my artwork. Then slowly as the store became busier and I got pregnant, my artwork faded away. I still kept teaching my art classes, but even that faded away because we were out of space.

I am now starting to miss my artwork. I miss my little family of characters. I miss that time I had to work on painting. It's weird because I had been fine. I hadn't thought about it much until I started to move the store. Now, I wish I could start painting again.

I will admit though, I am scared. I told my sister this the other day. It has been so long since I painted, I am afraid that I won't be good anymore. Why am I afraid of that? If I'm not good anymore, what then? What will I do? Leave that part of me behind? I'm not sure. I am completely fulfilled with the store and I completely love what I do, but it is just another little part of me that misses the art that I spent so long working toward. Don't really know where I am going with this, but I guess we will see what happens...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kira,
Your post really spoke to me. I too am an art graduate. Although i haven't done it in a long time. Couldn't find my niche for it to still get paid too. Life has taken many turns that has lead me from my art. But I truly feel that my talent is truly a gift from God. It will be there when I need it. I may be rusty at first but it won't leave me. Kinda like what they say about riding a bike. It's neat to hear there are others who feel this way. I am looking forward to takeing your watercolor class on June 12. It was my way of getting back to art. Because deep down it's part of me, and lately I have been neglecting myself. Time to stop that :)

Search This Blog