Pages

Contact

169 E Jefferson St* Franklin, In 46131
(317)-474-4889* The Art Of Kira Website * Facebook Page*Pinterest Page

Calendar

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Screwtape Review...by Miss Kira

For March, our book club read The Screwtape Letters by CS Lewis. I will admit I was a little scared to read this book. This is so not my type of book. I LOVE what my book club buddies call "Fluff." You know...the story that is all tied up neatly with a bow at the end with a happily ever after ending! (And it's even better if there is a little romance involved!)

I was so surprised when I ended up enjoying the book. Click here for a video preview of Screwtape Letters This book is a Classic! The entire book is writtenin the form of "letters" from the demon Screwtape to his nephew demon Wormwood. The are desperately trying to make a man fall from his Christian faith. Day by day Screwtape is teaching Wormwood the "right" way of corrupting the man's thoughts, actions, and spirit.

The thing that really stood out for me is how CS Lewis turned everyday thoughts into something that satan could be using for his own good. For instance: a simple worry or fear can be manipulated and twisted into something so much more than it should be. By twisting our thoughts, mans focus gets turned upon himself. "What will happen to me if...?" "What will happen if I...?"

Our focus should not be on us...it should be on TRUSTING the Lord with even the smallest problems and PRAISING the Lord for ALL HE has done. When we worry and fret all of the time, our minds will become so overwhelmed that we lose sight of TRUTH. That is what satan wants. He wants to show us what is wrong, what is false, what is corrupt.

I'm telling you that I feel every Christian should read this book. It is amazing to me how CS Lewis writes that book. There is even a bit of sarcastic humor that is nice for breaks in the book. (I tend to like a little sarcasm every now and then!) Pick yours up today at Kira's Cottage Christian Store for only $14.99!

No comments:

Search This Blog