Pages

Contact

169 E Jefferson St* Franklin, In 46131
(317)-474-4889* The Art Of Kira Website * Facebook Page*Pinterest Page

Calendar

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Book Review: The Negotiator by Dee Henderson

The Negotiator by Dee Henderson-Book Review by Kira Brant

Growing up in an orphanage wasn't easy for Kate, the the O'Malley clan made it a bit easier. Though not blood relatives, the O'Malleys learned to stick together and became siblings. Now, Kate was a Negotiator working on tough cases-tough cases for a tough woman.

When she met Dave, it wasn't love at first sight! A hostage situation brought them together, and a wave of crime showed them both that God brought them together for a reason.

Dave soon realizes that Kate isn't a believer. Too many bad things happened...and she couldn't see why God would let them. Doesn't that happen to us at times too? Even as believers, we can get frustrated and not understand the hardships. Divorce, unemployment, bankruptcy, abuse, illness...why? God has a plan.

We may not see at the time, we don't always understand, and we may even be furious. ...but He has a plan. We just have to praise him and know that He is with us through EVERYTHING.

“I love the LORD, for he heard my voice; he heard my cry for mercy. Because he turned his ear to me, I will call on him as long as I live.” Psalm 116:1-2 NIV

In The Negotiator, Dave and Kate's sister Jennifer encouraged her to read Luke to learn about Jesus. I am encouraging all of us (including me) to read Luke again and re learn all the Jesus has done for us.

Kate mentions in reading Luke that the Crucifixion was "gruesome." Being a cop, her character had seen many horrible sights. For her to see how gruesome it was, says alot. I fear that many of us take for granted all of the gruesomeness that Jesus went through for us. He suffered in ways hard for us to imagine, but important for us not to forget.

The Negotiator by Dee Henderson wasn't what I thought would be my type of book, but I ended up loving it! I pray that you all come to Kira's Cottage Christian Store and pick up your copy today!

No comments:

Search This Blog