Pages

Contact

169 E Jefferson St* Franklin, In 46131
(317)-474-4889* The Art Of Kira Website * Facebook Page*Pinterest Page

Calendar

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Book Review...

Velvet Elvis by Rob Bell
Book Review by Kim Hunter


I had gone back and forth several times over the past year as to whether or not I wanted to read this book. My curiosity was piqued by the title "Velvet Elvis" but without much of a description on the back cover I didn't want to invest too much time in a book I thought I might hate. I admit now this is one of the best books we've read for our club. I loved Rob Bell's writing style. It felt like I was part of a conversation with someone who was comfortable sharing his opinion but without being pushy or preachy. Instead of saying "This is the way it is and you should agree with me", his casual style made me want to think about and explore his ideas instead of immediately dismissing them. I would recommend this book to anyone who was looking to expand their faith and the ideas of christianity as a whole.

No comments:

Search This Blog