Pages

Contact

169 E Jefferson St* Franklin, In 46131
(317)-474-4889* The Art Of Kira Website * Facebook Page*Pinterest Page

Calendar

Friday, September 18, 2009

St Augustine, Florida & A1A

Many of you may know that I took a few days off from the store for some rejuvenation and relaxation. My family and I went to St. Augustine beach for a few days. We had so much fun. The weather was wonderful, water warm, and the view, well....perfect! It was such a memorable few days and I am so glad I was able to go. We had so much fun and I didn't want to leave!!!!

One thing that I did fel dis heartened about on this particular trip is the amount of businesses that have closed and houses that were for sale. We have gone to St. Augustine for years (since I was little.) We have seen it change over the years, but this trip was different...

As we drove into town, doors and windows were boarded up and there were for sale signs everywhere. Stores that had been oepn for years...gone. And, it didn't get any better down A1A. As we drove through Flagler Beach, Ormond, and Daytona, it was the same.

Then I thought, if a tourist area is this hard hit in the economy, it's no wonder why towns that aren't tourist areas are struggling. That is why we need to focus on our community. I hate to see boarded up windows and for sale signs, but this problem will continue to grow across our country if things don't change. It is so sad...

I guess what I want to say is to remember to focus on your community. No matter where that is, remember to shop local. Keep your community safe and clean. Make it a fun place to be. Spread the word that the best places in this country are in own our backyard The people, the history, the community....

No comments:

Search This Blog